AASHE is an association of over 1,100 colleges, universities, NGOs and businesses. It's mission is to empower higher education to lead the sustainability transformation. AASHE does this by providing resources, professional development, and a network of support to enable institutions of higher education to model and advance sustainability in everything they do, from governance and operations to education and research. AASHE developed the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™(STARS) with broad participation from the higher education community. STARS is a transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities to measure their sustainability performance.
- AASHE wanted to implement Salesforce CRM as a membership management system, but before committing to Salesforce in 2009, AASHE needed to find an integration solution that could keep Salesforce and business data in several external applications in sync
- Deliver member benefits automatically through near real-time syncing with external applications
- Provide better customer service by bringing relevant externally-hosted information to staff's attention within Salesforce
- Looked at several ETL solutions but chose Informatica Cloud for its competitive pricing, ease-of-use and performance
- Use Informatica Cloud data synchronization for hourly, bi-directional synchronization of business data between Salesforce and several web applications
- Informatica Cloud Aggregator Template as a clicks-not-code workaround for Salesforce Roll-Up Summary Field limits
- Informatica Cloud was quick to learn and set up
- Time spent administrating complex, scheduled sync operations is very low
- Service is highly reliable
- Excellent GUI tools, reporting, alerts and technical support
- Before, when they were out of Roll-Up Summary Fields in Salesforce or had a relationship that didn't support Roll-up Summary Fields, the only way AASHE could get summary data onto a record was to write an Apex Trigger and schedule it as an Apex job. With the Aggregator Template, AASHE can query Salesforce records using Informatica Cloud, summarize the data in Informatica Cloud, and then store the result back onto an object in Salesforce - without writing any code!