PAC-VAN, INC. Powers Sales with Informatica Cloud
Mobile Storage and Modular Building Provider Creates Integrated Sales Information Environment across Salesforce CRM, Microsoft Dynamics ERP and McGraw-Hill Construction Dodge Network
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 15, 2011. News Facts:
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that Pac-Van, a division of General Finance Corporation, is using Informatica Cloud to power a seamless, end-to-end sales information environment across Salesforce CRM, its back-office Microsoft Dynamics ERP system and McGraw-Hill Construction's Dodge Network.
- A national provider of storage containers, mobile offices and modular buildings, Pac-Van relies on Informatica Cloud to automatically synchronize account, opportunity, quote and tax information across its Microsoft Dynamics NAV system-of-record and Salesforce CRM. In 20-minute, hourly and 24-hour intervals Pac-Van is able to achieve more timely, accurate and complete sales information for account representatives, sales management and finance.
- Pac-Van also uses Informatica Cloud to automatically integrate new construction data from Dodge Network into Salesforce CRM as sales leads on a daily basis, thus provisioning its sales team with approximately one thousand fresh leads or lead updates each day.
- Pac-Van was live with its initial implementation of Informatica Cloud in less than one week, and collaborated with Informatica Professional Services to fine tune the implementation and train users.
- The Informatica Cloud solution is enabling Pac-Van to:
- Engage in self-service data integration – Pac-Van's business users can easily create custom data transformations, mappings and workflows; schedule data imports and exports; and easily launch small batch updates - all to support unique business processes and rapid business change.
- More fully leverage Salesforce CRM – Through Informatica Cloud's automated data integration and bi-directional data synchronization, Pac-Van has been able to drive user adoption and obtain optimal value from its Salesforce CRM implementation. The implementation has become integral to many of the company's key business processes, from quoting to customer service to collections.
- Enhance Sarbanes - Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts – The Informatica solution is enabling Pac-Van to maintain continuity of data and increase data quality across Salesforce CRM and Microsoft Dynamics NAV to support the company's SOX compliance activities.
- Benefit from near zero downtime – A multi-tenant cloud service, Informatica Cloud supports Pac-Van's business processes 24x7, with virtually zero downtime.
- Eliminate manual workarounds – Multiple labor-intensive and error-prone data processes, such as the manual entry of new account data in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, have been eliminated, saving Pac-Van valuable time and resources.
Tweet this: News: @PacVan Powers Sales with @InformaticaCorp#Cloud http://bit.ly/skm69M @infacloud
- "Having Informatica Cloud implemented quickly and ready to go before deploying salesforce.com to our sales team was key to the success of our CRM initiative," said Jay Moore, new media marketing associate and salesforce.com administrator, Pac-Van.
"Otherwise, our sales reps would have been in two separate systems and user adoption of Salesforce CRM would have been low. Overall, Informatica brings us adaptability and dependability, which are essential for keeping users happy with how things are working across our key business systems and processes."
- "Growing companies like Pac-Van need flexible, easy-to-use solutions in order to meet both their current and evolving data integration needs," said Ron Papas, general manager, Informatica Cloud. "Informatica Cloud is not only providing the flexibility and ease-of-use that organizations require today to gain a competitive advantage, but also doing so in a cost-effective manner. With Informatica Cloud, companies such as Pac-Van can reliably integrate data across cloud applications and on-premise systems, enabling them to maximize their Return on Data."
About Pac-Van, Inc.
Pac-Van, Inc. is a regional provider of high quality, permanent and portable buildings such as mobile offices, storage containers and modular buildings. The company provides dependable, local service to customers in a wide range of sectors, including those in the commercial, industrial, construction, government, medical, and education markets. Pac-Van is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN and has local offices and staff in 26 cities in 18 states. The company is owned by General Finance Corporation (NASDAQ: GFN). Connect with Pac-Van at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Is-that-Modular/, http://twitter.com/pacvan, and http://www.linkedin.com/companies/pac-van-inc.
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to gain a competitive advantage with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,500 enterprises depend on Informatica for data integration, data quality and big data solutions to access, integrate and trust their information assets residing on-premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica and Informatica Cloud are registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.