Level 3 Communications Uses Informatica Cloud for Enhanced Business Intelligence
Cloud Data Integration Improves Reporting to Enable Better Business Decision-Making; Informatica Cloud Provisioned, Configured and Deployed in Less Than One Week
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., August 24, 2011. News Facts:
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world's number one independent leader in data integration software, announced today that Level 3 Communications, Inc., an international provider of fiber-based communications services, is using Informatica Cloud to achieve a comprehensive view of both its on-premise and cloud-based data, which improves the company's business intelligence capabilities.
- By integrating data from Level 3's on-premise data warehouse with its salesforce.com CRM data, Informatica Cloud enhances the company's ability to generate more complete, accurate and timely sales force management-related reports. These comprehensive reports now include critical data from salesforce.com.
- Informatica Cloud also increases productivity for Level 3 by reducing the time to extract data from salesforce.com.
- Level 3 is using Informatica Cloud's data loading and data replication services as well as Informatica PowerExchange for Salesforce for data synchronization to implement a hybrid data integration solution that leverages the power of the Informatica Platform. The entire Informatica Cloud solution enables Level 3 to:
- Utilize easy-to-use cloud data integration that works seamlessly with their existing Informatica PowerCenter implementation.
- Securely migrate, replicate, cleanse and synchronize its salesforce.com data with its on-premise enterprise business applications and databases.
- Maintain a replicated database environment to meet the business' operational salesforce.com reporting needs.
- Save costs by handling source Data Definition Language (DDL) modifications into Level 3's target replicated database without requiring coding.
- Quickly and easily scale to accommodate new data elements and new targets.
- Level 3 was able to provision, configure and deploy Informatica Cloud in less than one week.
Tweet this: Level 3 Communications Uses @InformaticaCorp @InfaCloud for Enhanced Business Intelligence http://bit.ly/ntXoJ9 #saas
- “Informatica Cloud provided a fast to deploy, low-maintenance approach for integrating cloud and on-premise data,” said Paul Farnsworth, senior vice president of IT Technology Solutions Delivery for Level 3. “The simplicity and ease of setup enables our IT team and business users to focus more on higher value data analysis and leave the implementation details to Informatica Cloud.”
- “Today many organizations are dealing with dynamic hybrid IT environments with data that resides on-premise and in the cloud. A solution that integrates both on-premise and cloud data is essential,” said Ron Papas, general manager, Informatica Cloud. “As demonstrated by Level 3’s success, Informatica Cloud is a powerful, yet easy-to-use solution that enables companies to integrate data regardless of where it resides, providing them with a complete view of their data, which is critical for growth and competitive advantage.”
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world turn to Informatica to gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,440 enterprises rely on Informatica for data integration and data quality solutions to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation,
http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerExchange, PowerCenter, Informatica Platform and Informatica Cloud are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
+1 650 385 5360
Mobile/+1 650 862 8186
+1 415 677 2714