Informatica Joins TechAmerica Foundation Commission on The Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of Cloud Computing (CLOUD²)
Juan Carlos Soto Named as a Cloud Commissioner to Provide Obama Administration with Recommendations for Deploying Cloud
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 12, 2011. News Facts:
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world's number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced that Juan Carlos Soto, senior vice president, Informatica Cloud and B2B for Informatica has been selected as a Commissioner on the TechAmerica Foundation's Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of the Cloud (CLOUD²).
- Soto, one of 71 experts and thought leaders from industry and academia, will serve on CLOUD² primarily focusing on Public Sector. The overall goal of the Commission's three-month mandate is to provide the Obama Administration with recommendations for how government could better deploy cloud technologies and for public policies that will help to drive U.S. innovation and leadership in the cloud and spur economic growth.
- CLOUD² plans to educate policy makers, federal government marketplace and customers about the implications of the emergence of cloud computing. The Committee meets monthly to focus their efforts on defining the marketplace for cloud technology, identifying and advocating on relevant policy issues, exploring industry best practices and hosting networking and business intelligence events. The Commission's recommendations for government deployment will be presented to Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra.
- Informatica is a pioneer in the Cloud Computing industry and more than five years ago announced the company's vision in the Cloud Data Integration market. Today Informatica Cloud, a multi-tenant cloud service, delivers purpose-built data integration to allow business users to integrate data across cloud applications and on-premise systems and databases. More than 1,000 organizations use Informatica Cloud to process over 80,000 jobs per day and integrate 13 billion plus records per month.
Tweet this: @InformaticaCorp joins TechAmerica Foundation CLOUD² to provide #cloud recommendations to US gov't http://bit.ly/gB4Qtb #SaaS
- "Every day, more and more organizations around the globe are benefiting from the business and technology advantages that cloud computing can bring in terms of rapid deployment, ease of use and cost savings. And today we are increasingly seeing the public sector implement cloud solutions for the same reasons,” said Juan Carlos Soto, senior vice president, Cloud Data Integration and B2B, Informatica. “Through our involvement in TechAmerica Foundation’s CLOUD² Commission, we hope to develop lasting recommendations to the U.S. government to get the most benefit from cloud solutions, while maintaining control of data, which will further advance the U.S. leadership position in cloud computing."
- “The formation of the CLOUD² Commission is a testament to the government’s focus on cloud computing as a critical technology that will lead to further competitiveness, innovation and job creation in the country,” said Dallas Advisory Partners Founder, and TechAmerica Foundation Chairman, David Sanders. “Having Informatica as a part of the Commission is a welcome addition because of the company’s early leadership in the cloud market as well as their insights to the data control and management needs arising from the adoption of cloud computing for mainstream IT. We look forward to engaging with Informatica to provide comprehensive recommendations on how the public sector can more fully embrace cloud computing today and for years to come.”
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,280 enterprises rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3858 and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
About TechAmerica Foundation
TechAmerica Foundation educates executives, policymakers, opinion leaders, and the public on the size, scope, outlook, and impact of the technology industry and on policies that enable and promote technological innovations to advance prosperity, security, and the general welfare. Launched in 1981, the Foundation is a 501c(3) non-profit affiliate of TechAmerica, the leading voice and resource for the U.S. technology industry. The Foundation disseminates award-winning industry, policy, and market research covering topics such as U.S. competitiveness in a global economy, innovation in government, government IT forecasts, technology employment and international trade indicators, and other areas of national interest. It also organizes conferences and seminars to explore pertinent issues with government and industry representatives and to share the Foundation’s findings.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Cloud and Informatica B2B are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.